Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Worth More Than Rubies

For some reason, women as a whole have this thought that they aren't worth much. I mean, I know that I for one have thought/expressed this view on more than one occasion and I'm sure that most if not all women have felt that way. But why? Do we honestly not realize how much we are worth, how great we really are? Here's what Elder Scott had to say about it:

"So many of our sisters are disheartened, even discouraged, and disillusioned. Others are in serious trouble because of the choices they make. Satan has unleashed a seductive campaign to undermine the sanctity of womanhood, to deceive the daughters of God and divert them from their divine destiny. He well knows women are the compassionate, self-sacrificing, loving power that binds together the human family. He would focus their interests solely on their physical attributes and rob them of their exalting roles as wives and mothers."

We are divine. Do we understand that? My view on that is that we don't get it, not anything close to enough, but I want us to. I want us all to realize what we're worth, especially the women in our lives. All of us are worth something incredible, worth more than rubies. And we are divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment